09 September 2010

It Won't Be Long

My beautiful daughter is 6 months old today. Just yesterday Eric and I were bringing her home from the hospital in the pouring rain... somehow I haven't noticed the rain a day since, because holding her makes any dark or dreary cloud disappear. Sometimes I look at her, and the power of love I feel hits me like a ton of bricks and nearly overwhelms me. I have the privilege of getting to go through the rest of my life with this beautiful person. I get to see her sweet smile every day, and hold her tight each night. I get to rub her chubby little cheek and tickle her tiny little feet. I was put on this Earth to be her mother, and am so blessed to accept that job from God.
 
I lay down right beside her
till her eyes are finally closed
just watching her it breaks my heart
cause I already know
it won't be like this for long
                                                                      {darius}

No comments: